There is a proper way to doing everything and that includes giving dogs a bath. Do you have an effective system? Is it an experience that your dog enjoys?
If you feel like you need to improve your bath time game, then read on as we got hot tips directly from groomers. Bath times should be fun as it is a bonding experience between you and your fur baby. By taking note of our tips, we’re sure that your bonding time with your dog during bath times will be more enjoyable!
1. Depending on your dog’s breed, a once-a-month bath is enough. Dogs that have long coats need to bathe more than once a month though. Ask your groomer to ensure that you’re giving your dog the proper number of baths.
2. Choose a designated spot for dog bathing. You can use your tub but it’s best to use a separate one to avoid clogging it with grime and fur. Before even opening the faucet, ensure that all the materials you’d need are within reach. This will make it easy for you to proceed from one step to another without having to chase a bath-time runner.
3. Never use human shampoo for dogs. It is too strong for your dog.
4. Apply conditioner after using dog shampoo to retain the moisture in your dog’s skin. You should leave it for two to three minutes before rinsing. Bathing without a conditioner leaves dogs’ skin feeling dry and irritated from using dog shampoo.
5. Never directly apply dog shampoo on your dog, dilute it first on the water.
6. You should shampoo your dog twice. Once for the dirt, second for the excess oil on your dog’s skin.
7. Always reward your dog after bath time. This will make them look forward to bath time as they would anticipate the treat that they would receive.
Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.